Barry Sanders scores five touchdowns in Heritage Hall's win over Tulsa NOAH
The words '39 toss' or '37 toss' put a smile on Heritage Hall running back Barry J. Sanders' face.
When that call came in from the sideline on the second play Friday against Tulsa NOAH, Sanders did what he's done for most of the season.
Videoview all videos
Oct 5Barry J. Sanders, the Heritage Hall junior running back,...
Oct 2Chickasha's Kody Turner, a junior offensive lineman, died...
Sep 9Bob Przybylo talks with Heritage Hall's Barry Sanders.
Photoview all 41 photos
NewsOK Related Articles
He got around the outside, cut back through the middle of the field and 73 yards later, the Chargers were on their way to a 52-34 victory.
"It was good to set the pace and get the defense a little worried," Sanders said. "It kept going from there."
Two drives later, and the call came in again. This time, Sanders raced down the sideline for a 72-yard score. Before he left the game in the third quarter, Sanders scored three more touchdowns and finished with 313 yards on only 13 carries.
At one point, Sanders scored three touchdowns in four carries.
"They're just simple tosses and let Barry do his stuff," Heritage Hall coach Andy Bogert said. "... Just let him go. You don't coach that, you just let him go."
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 46110Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 14982Bradley Cooper, Zach Galifianakis, Ed Helms drink in success of 'Hangover' series
- 9556Hobby Lobby argues case before federal judges
- 8109Oklahoma tornadoes: Thunder reverses the role, takes a turn at cheering on the community
- 7765Oklahoma tornadoes: Woman meets the military officer who shared the clothes off his back
- 7102Rock, pop, country acts give talents and time to help Oklahoma tornado victims
- 7082Blake Shelton's "Healing the Heartland" televised tornado benefit set for Wednesday at Chesapeake Energy Arena