Copyright ©2012 The Associated Press. Copyright ©2010. The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
Police Chief Tom Holland says officers were called Wednesday afternoon and when they arrived the dog took off but eventually turned and approached the officers while barking and growling. Holland says an officer then shot and killed the dog. He says the dog's owner was given a ticket for not having the dog licensed, allowing it to run at large and no proof of vaccination. Copyright 2009 The Associated Press.
Bartlesville police shoot pit bull
BARTLESVILLE — Police in Bartlesville have shot and killed a pit bulldog that tried to attack several children.There are no reports of the children being injured.
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 14589OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 8609Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 6402Student shot dead during botched home invasion
- 6393Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 6018Soaring gasoline prices hurt Oklahoma City area retailers
- 5816Oklahoma football: Sooners get pair of commitments
- 4098As Boy Scouts' vote on gay members nears, faith groups weigh in