Baseball: Milo Hamilton was a legend behind the microphone
Retired Astros broadcaster called Hank Aaron's 715th homer, 11 no-hitters, St. Louis Browns games,
NewsOK Related Articles
Known for his catch phrase, ‘Holy Toledo, what a play!' Hamilton primarily called home games starting in 2006 before retiring after the 2012 season.
He has called games from 59 different ballparks and hopes to call one inning this season when the Astros play at Detroit to make it 60.
Earlier in his career, Hamilton called Roger Maris' 61st home run on the White Sox broadcast. He was on the Cardinals broadcast team when Stan Musial hit five homers in a doubleheader in 1954. Musial died last weekend.
“Stan Musial was my favorite player,” Hamilton said. “I think he was the favorite player of a lot of people. He was the greatest ambassador for the game that I've ever known. He had a wonderful life and a wonderful career.”
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 30214Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 19534Oklahoma Severe Storm Updates
- 7073OKC Thunder GM Sam Presti won't amnesty Kendrick Perkins
- 6093Wild hogs continue to be a growing menace across Oklahoma
- 5026OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 4433Student shot dead during botched home invasion
- 3498Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater