Bass player for Toby Keith dies in Noble crash
Carl Reber “Chuck” Goff Jr., the bass player for Toby Keith, was killed in a two-car collision Wednesday.
NOBLE — A man killed in a crash Wednesday night has been identified as Carl Reber “Chuck” Goff Jr., the bass player for Oklahoma country music star Toby Keith.
Videoview all videos
Mar 1A man killed in a crash Wednesday night has been...
Photoview all photos
Goff, 54, of Noble, was killed in a two-car collision about 7:45 p.m. Wednesday at 96th Street and Cemetery Road.
Cleveland County sheriff's spokeswoman Meghan McCormick said the crash remains under investigation. Only the two drivers were involved in the wreck. The other driver was not injured, she said.
Along with playing bass for Keith, Goff shared songwriting credits with the superstar on his hits “Upstairs Downtown” and “You Ain't Much Fun.” Goff also had his own signature bass through Dean Guitars.
“We are deeply saddened by the sudden death of our band member, Chuck Goff,” Keith said in a statement released through his publicist.
“He was a close friend for over 25 years, the band leader and bass player. Our hearts and prayers go out to his family.”
See our commenting and posting policy.
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 15918Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 8813OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 6389Student shot dead during botched home invasion
- 5669Oklahoma Severe Storm Updates
- 5503OKC Thunder GM Sam Presti won't amnesty Kendrick Perkins
- 4915Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 4833Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater