Bayern coach plays down Arjen Robben's frustration
MUNICH (AP) — Bayern Munich coach Jupp Heynckes says Arjen Robben's frustration with his limited role at the club is understandable.
Robben came off the bench to seal Bayern's 2-0 Bundesliga win at Wolfsburg with his first goal of the season but said after Friday's game: "I'm on the bench, it's disappointing. I can't say that I'm really happy."
The Dutch winger added: "When I come in I give everything for the team."
Heynckes says "it's quite normal for players to be disappointed when they don't play. And Arjen is a man that shows it too. But I don't have a problem with that."
Robben is likely to be a substitute again for Tuesday's Champions League game at Arsenal despite saying, "These are super games. I see no reason why I shouldn't play."
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 13976Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 9656Finding Addyson – One family's struggle in the Moore tornado
- 9589Oklahoma tornadoes: Cost, custom keep basements scarce
- 8454Oklahoma tornadoes: Plaza Towers Elementary School teacher shoved students into bathroom as wall collapsed
- 6577Miranda Lambert, Reba McEntire, Vince Gill to join Blake Shelton at "Healing in the Heartland" Oklahoma tornado benefit
- 6030Oklahoma tornadoes: Woman meets the military officer who shared the clothes off his back
- 5383Story behind the photo: Family members describe desperate search for one another after EF5 twister