Baylor blasts D-III foe Hardin-Simmons 107-38
WACO, Texas (AP) — Baylor rested its two most prolific scorers and still had a record-setting day against Hardin-Simmons, beating the Cowboys 107-38 on Saturday.
The 69-point win broke the school record for largest margin of victory, bettering a 121-55 win over Austin College in 1978.
Taurean Prince had 21 points and 15 rebounds for Baylor (12-5), which will host Big 12 rival Oklahoma State in a televised game on Monday, a factor that may have led coach Scott Drew to not play senior guard Pierre Jackson and 7-foot-1 freshman Isaiah Austin, who average a combined 33 points a game.
Brady Heslip scored 15 points for the Bears, L.J. Rose added 14 points and 12 assists, Cory Jefferson and Rico Gathers each had 10 points and 12 rebounds, and Deuce Bello scored 10.
Darius Singletary scored eight points to lead Hardin-Simmons (10-6), a Division III school.
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 20726Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 16618Oklahoma City Thunder: Amnesty Kendrick Perkins?
- 11933Rockets guard Patrick Beverley bombarded with hateful Tweets after Thunder get eliminated
- 11447Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 10097Oklahoma football: Sooners get pair of commitments
- 9885OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 9809Report: OSU blocking Wes Lunt from transferring to the SEC, Big 12 and Southern Miss