Baylor honors Oklahoma City man
Banker James R. Daniel was given the distinguished alumni award
In 2011, the Baylor Alumni Association combined the presentation of eight awards into one annual event.
The awards program began in 1965 with the presentation of the first distinguished alumni awards to Earl Hankamer and Gordon Teal.
The 2013 Hall of Fame included a formal dinner, entertainment, and awards presentations. All net proceeds from ticket sales and underwriting gifts benefit the Baylor Alumni Association Legacy Scholarship program.
Other winners of the distinguished alumni award were Jennifer Hilton Sampson 1992, president and CEO, United Way of Metropolitan Dallas; and Nick Strimple 1969, associate professor of choral and sacred music, University of Southern California and director of music, Beverly Hills Presbyterian Church.
Meg Cullar is news editor of the Baylor Line.
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 90847Oklahoma weather: Severe storm updates
- 47098Oklahoma tornadoes: 'It took it all'
- 38051Oklahoma devastated by second round of twisters
- 30921Oklahoma State football: Limiting Wes Lunt's transfer options makes Mike Gundy look bad
- 13823Oklahoma City tornado so large, may not be recognized, officials say
- 12196Several kids pulled out of Oklahoma school rubble alive
- 11468How to help tornado victims