Baylor-Louisiana-Monroe football preview capsule
Baylor (2-0) at Louisiana-Monroe (1-1), 7 p.m. CT Friday (ESPN)
Line: Baylor by 7 1-2
Series Record: First meeting
WHAT'S AT STAKE
The Warhawks are trying for the second win against a major conference opponent a week after taking Auburn to overtime in a loss. The Bears, with the nation's second-longest winning streak at eight games, are trying to bounce back from a less-than-stellar showing against Sam Houston State. Baylor trailed in the third quarter of a 48-23 win.
Louisiana-Monroe QB Kolton Browning vs. Baylor pass defense. Browning has just one interception in 113 attempts, with 649 passing yards and six touchdowns. Baylor has intercepted five passes in two games. Five Baylor players have an interception apiece.
PLAYERS TO WATCH
Baylor LB Bryce Hager, the son of former Texas and NFL LB Britt Hager, ranks seventh nationally at 12 tackles per game and leads the Bears with three tackles for loss.
Louisiana-Monroe TE Harley Scioneaux had the first two catches of his career against Auburn, and both were touchdowns.
FACTS & FIGURES
A win would give Baylor its longest winning streak since a 10-game run in 1936-37. ... Louisiana-Monroe is 0-7 against current Big 12 teams. ... The Bears have scored 30-plus points in a school-record eight straight games. They've scored at least 40 in the past six games, including three of at least 59. ... The Warhawks have already gone for it on fourth down 11 times this season, converting nine.
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 16804Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 8821OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 6453Student shot dead during botched home invasion
- 5885Oklahoma Severe Storm Updates
- 5756OKC Thunder GM Sam Presti won't amnesty Kendrick Perkins
- 4970Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 4920Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater