BCS crowd to see UA PSA combating binge drinking
TUSCALOOSA, Ala. (AP) — Football fans attending the national championship game Monday night between Alabama and Notre Dame will get to see a public service announcement filmed by University of Alabama students to combat binge drinking.
Students in Alabama's advertising and public relations department created the 60-second PSA directed by Shaquille O'Neal. O'Neal agreed to participate after students generated a Twitter campaign to get him involved. The university announced the PSA will air in Miami Sun Life Stadium during the first quarter of the game.
An Alabama graduate who worked on the PSA, Mariah Fairweather, says she will be in the stadium for the game. She says having her alma mater and the PSA in the stadium at the same time is like a dream come true.
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 21543Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 10852Oklahoma tornadoes: Woman meets the military officer who shared the clothes off his back
- 8707Oklahoma tornadoes: Thunder reverses the role, takes a turn at cheering on the community
- 8666Finding Addyson – One family's struggle in the Moore tornado
- 8648Hobby Lobby argues case before federal judges
- 7837Blake Shelton's "Healing the Heartland" televised tornado benefit set for Wednesday at Chesapeake Energy Arena
- 7718Story behind the photo: Family members describe desperate search for one another after EF5 twister