Bears elevate RB Allen, place RB Booker on IR
CHICAGO (AP) — The Chicago Bears have elevated running back Armando Allen to the active roster from the practice squad and placed running back Lorenzo Booker on injured reserve.
They also waived linebacker Patrick Trahan on Saturday.
Allen appeared in two games for the Bears last season, carrying 15 times for 48 yards. Booker sat out practice this week after sustaining a head injury in the final preseason game at Cleveland.
Trahan appeared in five games for Chicago last season.
The Bears open against Indianapolis on Sunday.
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 33271Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 24362Oklahoma Severe Storm Updates
- 6895OKC Thunder GM Sam Presti won't amnesty Kendrick Perkins
- 6548Wild hogs continue to be a growing menace across Oklahoma
- 4476OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 4156Student shot dead during botched home invasion
- 3398Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater