Beaty, Lenoire-Rhyne run past Davidson 20-2
HICKORY, N.C. (AP) — Austin Beaty ran for 118 yards and a touchdown to help Lenoire-Rhyne beat Davidson Saturday night.
Lenoire-Rhyne (1-1) passed for 4 yards, the fewest yards in team history, but was led by its ground game and a strong defense.
Beaty broke out for a 69-yard run late in the second quarter, giving Lenoir-Rhyne a 13-0 halftime lead. Graham Duncan and Teverrius Jones also scored on the ground, with Duncan collecting 59 yards on seven carries and Jones netting 49 yards on 16 rushes.
Davidson (0-2) scored its only points of the game with 10:05 left in the third quarter on a safety.
Jonathan Carkhuff led the Wildcats with 265 yards on 31-of-54 passing. The Bears defense got to him for four sacks and forced four interceptions.
Lenoir-Rhyne leads the all-time series 10-9-1.
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 14038Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 9697OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 6648Student shot dead during botched home invasion
- 5284Oklahoma Severe Storm Updates
- 5183Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 5164OKC Thunder GM Sam Presti won't amnesty Kendrick Perkins
- 5129Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater