BECKHAM'S ENCOURAGING WORDS
Teenage British diver Tom Daley has revealed that he received some words of advice from David Beckham.
Daley told reporters that Beckham had sent him text messages to encourage him after he didn't do so well in the 10-meter synchronized platform dive last week.
"It was just over text. After my synchro he wanted to wish me well and say, 'Keep your chin up'," Daley says. "He was asking me the right questions to make me think about actually it's not that bad and I can come back in the individual event," Daley says.
He did, too, taking a bronze medal Saturday.
— Sylvia Hui — Twitter http://twitter.com/sylviahui
EDITOR'S NOTE — "Eyes on London" shows you the Olympics through the eyes of Associated Press journalists across the 2012 Olympic city and around the world. Follow them on Twitter where available with the handles listed after each item.
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 81615Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 14276Bradley Cooper, Zach Galifianakis, Ed Helms drink in success of 'Hangover' series
- 8057Hobby Lobby argues case before federal judges
- 7469Oklahoma tornadoes: Rams quarterback Sam Bradford leading aid effort
- 7367How to help tornado victims
- 6230Rock, pop, country acts give talents and time to help Oklahoma tornado victims
- 5754Oklahoma tornadoes: ‘All I could do was sit there and hold her'