Bedbug discovery prompts closure of Tulsa library
TULSA (AP) — The Tulsa Central Library is temporarily closed after bedbugs were discovered on a chair.
Library representative John Fancher says library staff quickly removed the chair from the building after the bedbugs were found. Fancher tells Tulsa television station KOTV that the library notified the Tulsa City-County Health Department about the bedbugs.
The library provided the health department's contact information to any patron who was in the library Tuesday.
The library says an exterminator is on site to deal with the situation. The library says it will be closed until further notice.
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 73942Oklahoma tornadoes: 'It took it all'
- 30870Oklahoma Severe Storm Updates
- 27865Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 22757Oklahoma State football: Limiting Wes Lunt's transfer options makes Mike Gundy look bad
- 6762Oklahoma City Thunder: What could Serge Ibaka learn from Hakeem Olajuwon?
- 6400Oklahoma tornadoes: Several homes damaged by tornado, but no injuries in Edmond
- 6313Bounty hunters look for bail jumpers, fugitives on the streets of Oklahoma City