Bedlam basketball: Cowboys searching for a win in Norman
OSU BASKETBALL — It's been quite a while since the Oklahoma State basketball team has left Norman with a victory. But Norman isn't the only locale where the Cowboys have struggled lately. “You know how we've been on the road in past years... not very good,” Le'Bryan Nash said.
NORMAN — Travis Ford knows the score, because it's simple.
That's 0-for-4 for the Oklahoma State coach in Bedlam games in Norman. And that's when Ford's had the better squad (2010-11), been relatively even (2012) or carried an overmatched club (2009) into Lloyd Noble Center.
Videoview all videos
Jan 11Travis Ford and Le'Bryan Nash talk about their upcoming...
Photoview all photos
NewsOK Related Articles
Is that any way to stoke a rivalry?
“Since I've been here, it's been pretty split,” Ford said. “We haven't won there. They've beaten us (in Stillwater) once. We've gotten them in the Big 12 Tournament a couple of times. So it's pretty even.
“I think that makes a good rivalry, when you're competing against each other.”
This time, of course, with OSU due in Norman for the latest Bedlam clash on Saturday, Ford and his Cowboys aren't interested in any series status quo. Their search for a road win anywhere already a high priority, winning at OU would solve that elusive quest and stir up the same-ol' Bedlam storyline.
“It'll help a lot,” said Cowboys forward Le'Bryan Nash. “You know how we've been on the road in past years… not very good. Getting road wins, I think, is better than home wins. You go on the road into a tough environment and come out with a W, that just sends a message to your opponent.
“Especially Oklahoma. It's Bedlam, so we're going to go in there and try to get a big win.”
OSU, receiving enough votes in both of the major polls to stand just outside of the Top 25, must reverse two-plus seasons of road woes to establish itself as a true Big 12 contender. Dating back to 2010-11, the Cowboys are 1-17 in enemy Big 12 arenas. They failed in their first bid this season, falling 73-67 at No. 18 Kansas State a week ago.
So there's that, as well as a shaky history inside Lloyd Noble Center. Not only is Ford 0-4, OSU hasn't won in Norman since 2004 and has dropped 10 of its last 11 games there overall.
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 21543Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 10852Oklahoma tornadoes: Woman meets the military officer who shared the clothes off his back
- 8707Oklahoma tornadoes: Thunder reverses the role, takes a turn at cheering on the community
- 8666Finding Addyson – One family's struggle in the Moore tornado
- 8648Hobby Lobby argues case before federal judges
- 7837Blake Shelton's "Healing the Heartland" televised tornado benefit set for Wednesday at Chesapeake Energy Arena
- 7718Story behind the photo: Family members describe desperate search for one another after EF5 twister