Bedlam Blood Battle Update - Day 4
Feb. 21, 2013 - Friday is the final day to give blood and help the Sooners take the lead to win the Bedlam Blood Battle trophy. OU students are vying to gather the most blood donors possible with 662 donating thus far.
Oklahoma Blood Institute (OBI) will be at the ROTC Armory between 11:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. Friday. Those 16* and older who are generally in good health can give blood.
Each donor will receive a free OU blood donor T-shirt and food. A donor who gives Friday will be selected to win a basketball autographed by OU Men’s Basketball Head Coach Lon Kruger or OU Women’s Basketball Head Coach Sherri Coale.
The school who scores the most blood donors this spring will receive a trophy and bragging rights for the season. The winning school of the Spring Bedlam Blood Battle will be announced in May at the Bedlam Baseball Series in Oklahoma City. Donate on campus at an official OBI Bedlam Blood Drive from now through April 31.
Since OBI donors provide every drop of blood needed by patients in all metro-Oklahoma City hospitals and 140 other medical facilities across Oklahoma, both schools are truly winners!
For more information or to make an appointment to donate, contact Oklahoma Blood Institute at 877-340-8777 or visit www.obi.org.
* 16 year olds must weigh at least 125 and provide signed parental permission, 17 year olds must weigh at least 125 pounds, 18+ year olds must weigh at least 110 pounds.
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 46837Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 15035Bradley Cooper, Zach Galifianakis, Ed Helms drink in success of 'Hangover' series
- 9615Hobby Lobby argues case before federal judges
- 8305Oklahoma tornadoes: Thunder reverses the role, takes a turn at cheering on the community
- 8125Oklahoma tornadoes: Woman meets the military officer who shared the clothes off his back
- 7398Rock, pop, country acts give talents and time to help Oklahoma tornado victims
- 7351Blake Shelton's "Healing the Heartland" televised tornado benefit set for Wednesday at Chesapeake Energy Arena