Bedlam Extra: What the 2011 Bedlam loss meant to the Sooners
Videoview all videos
Nov 21OSU reporter John Helsley talks about the three things...
Nov 21Just in time for Bedlam, the OSU football team is hitting...
Nov 20OU prepares for Bedlam.
Nov 20OU's defense is addressed.
Nov 23Can OSU stop OU's offense? Can OU stop OSU's offense?
Photoview all 130 photos
NewsOK Related Articles
Jones: “It's not fun. It's something you don't ever want to be part of. But it happened, so you just shake the other team's hands and run off the field. I was out of there pretty quick. I'm usually off the field pretty fast. No fans really yelled at me or anything like that. It was more excitement for their team.”
Defensive lineman David King: “I saw (the goal posts being torn down), but I was just walking off. It took me, I don't know, five minutes to shuffle through the crowd. Walking with your head down. Two fans came up to me and said some of the most disrespectful things I've ever heard. ... I wanted to crack them with my helmet. But I just walked around them. Because at the end of the day, they won the game.”
Walker: “Just being blunt about it, they beat us bad. If I was on the team that beat some team like that, I would try to have all the fans rush the field.”
WHAT IT MEANT
King: “We had to wait three, four weeks to play in the bowl game. We had to watch them celebrate winning the Big 12 off of us. Watch them get to go to the Fiesta Bowl. ... I actually saw their bus because I stayed in Phoenix for New Year's Eve. ... We were just driving through Scottsdale. I was like, ‘Hey, that's the hotel we stayed ... Oh.'
“They've had a year's worth of bragging rights. Saturday, we want to go out there and walk off the field with a win and give these guys around here 364 more days to just have that to gloat about.”
Coach Bob Stoops, on if the perception of OSU changed: “You'd have to ask them. I'd always had great respect for them before last year. I don't know. ... All I know is I have to play it and it's been a rival game. It didn't start last year. It's been that way for a good number of years.”
Stills: “I don't think we ever looked down on them. I feel like people want to say we're the big brother, but they're a great team and they've been doing great things since I've been here.
“I mean, if (other people) didn't respect them, then I'm sure they do now.”
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 12604Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 10239Oklahoma tornadoes: Cost, custom keep basements scarce
- 9732Finding Addyson – One family's struggle in the Moore tornado
- 9189Oklahoma tornadoes: Plaza Towers Elementary School teacher shoved students into bathroom as wall collapsed
- 6670Miranda Lambert, Reba McEntire, Vince Gill to join Blake Shelton at "Healing in the Heartland" Oklahoma tornado benefit
- 4472Oklahoma tornadoes: Woman meets the military officer who shared the clothes off his back
- 4240Oklahoma tornadoes: Sooners bring back some smiles to Sydney Angle's teammates