Bedlam notebook: Cowboys gunned down from the arc
Oklahoma State made a run in the second half, but it had no answer from the arc. Five Sooners hit 3-pointers in the second half.
After trailing by as many as 14 points in each half, including 47-33 early in the second, the Cowboys made a run to pull within two at 52-50 during Saturday's Bedlam basketball game in Norman.
Videoview all videos
Jan 12Oklahoma jumped out to a 7-0 lead and shot over 60...
Photoview all 28 photos
NewsOK Related Articles
But OU's Steven Pledger fired in a 3-pointer, one of five the Sooners made in the second half and part of an 8-for-13 performance overall as OU won 77-68.
“I felt like we were in a good position right there,” OSU guard Markel Brown said. “But OU made plays. They played harder. And they did what they needed to do to win.”
The Cowboys had no answer from the arc, missing all nine 3-point attempts in the second half, after going 6-for-12 in the first 20 minutes.
“We had our opportunities,” said Cowboys coach Travis Ford. “When we cut it back, were down two or down three, we had our opportunities.”
M'BAYE HAS SUCCESS FROM THE ARC
The Sooners’ 3-pointers caught the Cowboys off guard — especially one from Amath M’Baye. Hidden on the right side of the arc, the junior made his first three of the season during a seven-point scoring run.“He made a big one,” Ford said. “Huge one.”
FORTE ON FIRE EARLY
When the Cowboys were hitting from the perimeter in the first half, Phil Forte provided a spark off the bench, making 3-of-5 from 3-point range as he scored 10 points in the period with Marcus Smart saddled with foul trouble.
Forte's points were big in keeping the Cowboys within striking distance.
“I thought he played well,” Ford said. “We needed his shots to go in. He's a guy we count on to make shots.
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 14589OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 8609Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 6402Student shot dead during botched home invasion
- 6393Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 6018Soaring gasoline prices hurt Oklahoma City area retailers
- 5816Oklahoma football: Sooners get pair of commitments
- 4098As Boy Scouts' vote on gay members nears, faith groups weigh in