Bedlam women's basketball: Sooners pull away late in win over Oklahoma State
Sharane Campbell leads Sooners, who pull away late for an 80-61 win over Oklahoma State on Sunday at Lloyd Noble Center.
Videoview all videos
Feb 10Nicole Griffin dominated in the post, scoring a game-high...
Photoview all 17 photos
NewsOK Related Articles
Ellenberg, OU’s leading scorer who finished with 17 points Sunday, was successful on just one field-goal attempt by halftime.
“It was really more than not making shots,” Coale said of Ellenberg’s first half.
“She couldn’t catch it. She couldn’t dribble it. She couldn’t pass it. Really just didn’t have her in any element there.”
But Campbell and other Sooners stepped up to account for Ellenberg’s early struggles.
Junior center Nicole Griffin led all scorers with 21 points, and senior forward Joanna McFarland recorded her third straight double-double, and her seventh in OU’s 11 conference games.
“How awesome is that? To have a player on your team where you can go, ‘I know she’s gonna get 15 boards?’” Coale said of McFarland’s 10-point, 15-rebound game Sunday.
“I haven’t felt like that since Courtney Paris was here. That’s a luxury. I’m not taking that for granted.”
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 12576OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 8415Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 6843Student shot dead during botched home invasion
- 6546Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 5838Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 4955Oklahoma football: Sooners get pair of commitments
- 4777Soaring gasoline prices hurt Oklahoma City area retailers