Begin your Memorial weekend adventure at an Oklahoma state park
Throughout the state, Oklahoma state parks, lodges and golf courses are ready to accommodate the masses who converge on the parks during the Memorial weekend.
The annual rite of spring has begun. Cobweb-
All Oklahoma state parks with campsites are open for RV and tent camping and outdoor activities. Several parks with nature centers have special events planned for the Memorial weekend including Greenleaf State Park, near Gore. Guests can kick off the summer season with a weekend-long event featuring canoe races, boat and wagon rides, a campfire program and more. In addition, the miniature golf course and park swimming pool will be available.
The Driftwood Nature Center at Tenkiller State Park will be the place to hang out for fun family activities including arts and crafts, nature hikes and campfire programs. Afterward, cool down with a dip in the park swimming pool.
Memorial Day Weekend family activities, including hikes along the paved nature trail, special holiday arts and crafts, a junior naturalist program and other fun outdoor adventures are scheduled at the Bernice Nature Center at Grand Lake State Park in northeastern Oklahoma.
Don't worry about leaving your four-legged friends behind during the holiday. Saddle up your trusty steed and enjoy the freedom of the trails at a state park with equestrian riding areas. The parks include Arrowhead, Foss, Great Salt Plains, Lake Murray, McGee Creek, Osage Hills, Robbers Cave, Roman Nose and Walnut Creek. Equestrian campgrounds at the parks include hitching posts, some campgrounds with RV sites that include water and electrical hookups, tent sites and comfort stations.
Life Photo Galleriesview all
- 21543Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 10852Oklahoma tornadoes: Woman meets the military officer who shared the clothes off his back
- 8707Oklahoma tornadoes: Thunder reverses the role, takes a turn at cheering on the community
- 8666Finding Addyson – One family's struggle in the Moore tornado
- 8648Hobby Lobby argues case before federal judges
- 7837Blake Shelton's "Healing the Heartland" televised tornado benefit set for Wednesday at Chesapeake Energy Arena
- 7718Story behind the photo: Family members describe desperate search for one another after EF5 twister