Belk giving UNC Charlotte $5 million
CHARLOTTE, N.C. (AP) — Charlotte department store owner Belk Inc. is giving the University of North Carolina Charlotte $5 million over the next five years to boost the school's business program.
The money announced Tuesday will be used to boost the Belk College of Business programs teaching marketing analysis and business innovation.
The money will be used for an endowed professorship in business innovation and an endowed chair in marketing analytics.
Some of the money will be used to prepare business students for careers market analysis and innovation.
Chancellor Philip Dubois says it's the biggest single gift the business school has received.
Business Photo Galleriesview all
- 28347Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 17448Oklahoma Severe Storm Updates
- 7187OKC Thunder GM Sam Presti won't amnesty Kendrick Perkins
- 5906Wild hogs continue to be a growing menace across Oklahoma
- 5536OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 4738Student shot dead during botched home invasion
- 3702Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater