Bengals sign RB Peerman, offer tenders to 3 others
CINCINNATI (AP) — The Bengals have agreed to a two-year deal with running back Cedric Peerman, a special teams standout who could have become a free agent next week.
Peerman had two long runs off fake punts last season. He also carried 34 times for 178 yards.
Also on Thursday, the Bengals made tender offers to safety Jeromy Miles, receiver Andrew Hawkins and linebacker Vincent Rey, all of whom have contracts that expire on Monday.
As a result of the offers, Miles will become a restricted free agent next week. The Bengals maintained exclusive rights to Hawkins and Rey for next season.
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 21543Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 10852Oklahoma tornadoes: Woman meets the military officer who shared the clothes off his back
- 8707Oklahoma tornadoes: Thunder reverses the role, takes a turn at cheering on the community
- 8666Finding Addyson – One family's struggle in the Moore tornado
- 8648Hobby Lobby argues case before federal judges
- 7837Blake Shelton's "Healing the Heartland" televised tornado benefit set for Wednesday at Chesapeake Energy Arena
- 7718Story behind the photo: Family members describe desperate search for one another after EF5 twister