Bennett brothers brace for Sunday battle
EAST RUTHERFORD, N.J. (AP) — Whenever Michael Bennett got into a fight growing up in Texas, his little brother, Martellus, always seemed to be around to help out.
That's the way the Bennetts are. They are always pulling for each other, ready to lend a hand.
This Sunday it's a different story. When the Tampa Bay Buccaneers (1-0) come to New Jersey to face the New York Giants (0-1) at MetLife Stadium, the Bennett brothers are going to be staring at each other on a lot of plays.
Michael is the starting left defensive end for Tampa Bay, and Martellus, a Giants tight end, has to block him.
This won't be the first time the brothers have played in the same NFL game. When Martellus was with the Cowboys last season, Dallas played in Tampa, and returned to Texas with a 31-15 win.
Online: http://bigstory.ap.org/NFL-Pro32 and http://twitter.com/AP_NFL
AP Sports Writer Fred Goodall in Tampa, Fla. contributed to this report.
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 19883Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 16750Oklahoma City Thunder: Amnesty Kendrick Perkins?
- 12000Rx drug bills sent to Oklahoma governor
- 11023Rockets guard Patrick Beverley bombarded with hateful Tweets after Thunder get eliminated
- 8434Report: OSU blocking Wes Lunt from transferring to the SEC, Big 12 and Southern Miss
- 8422Tulsa man tells police he smashed woman's head with machete in self-defense
- 7521Oklahoma football: Sooners get pair of commitments