Fed chief Bernanke says students must be cautious about college loans
Federal Reserve Chairman Ben Bernanke says students need to be careful when investing in their education by taking out college loans.
WASHINGTON — Federal Reserve Chairman Ben Bernanke says students need to be careful when investing in their education.
Bernanke said taking on debt to pay for college can be an important way to increase one’s earning potential. But higher education can become a financial burden if it doesn’t lead to a good job, he warned.
“You’ve got to make smart investments,” Bernanke said at a meeting at the Fed with teachers from across the country.
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 13704Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 13572OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 9488Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 7226Oklahoma football: Sooners get pair of commitments
- 6986Report: OSU blocking Wes Lunt from transferring to the SEC, Big 12 and Southern Miss
- 5704Soaring gasoline prices hurt Oklahoma City area retailers
- 5041Student shot dead during botched home invasion