Berry Tramel: A night to remember
You kept waiting for Gallagher-Iba Arena to explode. Blow the top off the grand palace, just like the old days, when Eddie Sutton's defense would boil and Desmond Mason would dunk a 40-foot Doug Gottlieb pass.
Videoview all videos
Jan 27Marshall Moses had 14 points and 11 rebounds, but the...
Jan 27Eddie Sutton, Desmond Mason, Andre Williams and Doug...
Jan 24While more than a decade has passed since 10 members of...
Photoview all 35 photos
NewsOK Related Articles
“Offense is what gives you confidence,” Ford said. “Offense is what makes your defense better. We're just not getting enough possessions going.”
This was a ballgame, 27-27, late in the first half. Then OSU went nine straight scoreless possessions, and it was over.
Oh well. That's what happens when a football school plays a basketball school.
Give the Cowboys credit. They played hard. Ten offensive rebounds in the first half, which is always a sign of effort.
“They just beat us,” said OSU's Marshall Moses. “I wish we could have played better for those (10) people. But it had nothing to do with anything other than Texas beat us in our own gym.”
Ten years ago, on another night with a packed arena, the Cowboys found a way to beat Missouri in maybe OSU's most important game ever.
Emotions were raw. A silver lining was precious. A victory offered the sliver of hope that things might one day be normal again.
Ten years later, we know that while time doesn't heal all wounds, it does help, and now we know, too, that victory is not automatic on a night of remembrance.
You've still got to put the ball in the basket.
Berry Tramel: Berry can be reached at (405) 760-8080 or at
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 35920Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 15377Bradley Cooper, Zach Galifianakis, Ed Helms drink in success of 'Hangover' series
- 9806Hobby Lobby argues case before federal judges
- 9680Oklahoma tornadoes: Woman meets the military officer who shared the clothes off his back
- 9189Oklahoma tornadoes: Thunder reverses the role, takes a turn at cheering on the community
- 7926Blake Shelton's "Healing the Heartland" televised tornado benefit set for Wednesday at Chesapeake Energy Arena
- 7748Story behind the photo: Family members describe desperate search for one another after EF5 twister