Berry Tramel: Buzz Williams is the right coach for OU basketball
Our Oklahoma men's basketball coaching madness enters the final four and championships rounds. Avoiding early-round upsets, three No. 1 seeds remain and one No. 2 seed.
Three No. 1 seeds have made it to the Final Four of Berry Tramel's “Castiglione Invitational.” Still alive are Marquette's Buzz Williams, Colorado's Tad Boyle and Minnesota's Tubby Smith — all No. 1 seeds. The only lower seed to make it into the final four is two-seed Terry Evans from Central Oklahoma.
Videoview all videos
Mar 22The Oklahoman's Jenni Carlson and Berry Tramel talk about...
Photoview all photos
NewsOK Related Articles
Here's a look at how Berry picked the final four and the championship game.
Marquette's Buzz Williams vs. Central Oklahoma's Terry Evans:
* Winner is Williams: Buzz should be OU's top pick; jump from Division II UCO a little too steep.
Colorado's Tad Boyle vs. Minnesota's Tubby Smith:
* Winner is Boyle: Smith is an engaging and popular personality, but at 59, how much fuel does he have left? Boyle's work at Northern Colorado and Colorado make him an intriguing candidate.
Marquette's Buzz Williams vs. Colorado's Tad Boyle:
* Winner is Williams: Sooners could be fighting a three-way front for Buzz; not just his current school, but other schools like Arkansas or Tennessee. But if OU is willing to pay, Williams could be the man.
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 10457Oklahoma tornadoes: Cost, custom keep basements scarce
- 9286Oklahoma tornadoes: Plaza Towers Elementary School teacher shoved students into bathroom as wall collapsed
- 5848Downtown wish list includes Super Target
- 4983Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 4420Oklahoma City pastor will face trial in fatal shooting of son-in law
- 4301Oklahoma tornadoes: Price family recovering after some heavy blows
- 4216How to help tornado victims