Berry Tramel: No Big 12 expansion 'for a few years'
The Oklahoman's Berry Tramel took questions from readers in today's Power Lunch Chat. You can join our Power Lunch Chats at 11 a.m. Monday-Friday on NewsOK.com/Sports.
The Oklahoman's Berry Tramel took questions from readers in today's Power Lunch Chat. You can join our Power Lunch Chats Monday-Friday at 11 a.m. on NewsOK.com/Sports. The complete transcript is available here.
Videoview all videos
Photoview all photos
NewsOK Related Articles
Any news on Big 12 expansion?
Yes. The news is, they're not going to expand. At least not for a few years. The Big 12 will sit back and see how the new playoff system works before it considers expansion. That's not good news for Louisville, but that's just the way it is.
What is the deal with Roy Finch? Is he in Stoops’ dog house? I don't understand why OU doesn't use him more.
I think Finch is in the doghouse, to some degree, but even if he wasn't, would he be higher than third team? I mean, he didn't beat out Whaley last season, and now OU has recruited over both of them with Damien Williams. Now, playing Clay over Finch is a clear sign that Finch is in the doghouse. But it's also possible that he's just not that good.
I think the Thunder should keep Harden for the last year of his contract and then let somebody else overpay him. If the Thunder could bring in a JJ Redick or an OJ Mayo, or even Reggie Jackson if he improves, the Thunder will be alright. I mean KD, Westbrook and Serge will still be on the team, right?
The Thunder would take a step back if tries to replace Harden with someone like Mayo, Redick or Reggie Jackson. Now, you might take steps forward in other areas, but one of the few flaws on this team is imbalanced scoring. Three guys carry the load. Lose one of those guys, and who's stepping up? I don't know that I see someone on the roster capable of scoring 13-14 points a game. Serge, maybe, but it's risky.
I say the best coach in the Big 12 is Bill Snyder, second best is Art Bryles, third is Gundy, and fourth is Patterson. Stoops and Mac are obviously good, but have far more to work with. What say you?
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 21543Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 10852Oklahoma tornadoes: Woman meets the military officer who shared the clothes off his back
- 8707Oklahoma tornadoes: Thunder reverses the role, takes a turn at cheering on the community
- 8666Finding Addyson – One family's struggle in the Moore tornado
- 8648Hobby Lobby argues case before federal judges
- 7837Blake Shelton's "Healing the Heartland" televised tornado benefit set for Wednesday at Chesapeake Energy Arena
- 7718Story behind the photo: Family members describe desperate search for one another after EF5 twister