Berry Tramel: The Big 12 is wide open next season
The Oklahoman's Berry Tramel answered questions from readers in today's Power Lunch Chat. Participate in our Power Lunch Chats Monday-Friday at 11 a.m. at NewsOK.com/sports.
The Oklahoman's Berry Tramel answered questions from readers in today's Power Lunch Chat. Read the entire chat recap here. Participate in our Power Lunch Chats Monday-Friday at 11 a.m. at NewsOK.com/sports.
On how the Big 12 looks next year:
The Big 12 looks wide open to me. I think the Sooners are the likely favorites, but it's tight with West Virginia and K-State and TCU. I don't think you can count out OSU, because the last time the Cowboys went looking for a quarterback, they produced the greatest in school history. And Texas will be really good on defense. I can see the Big 12 champ going 7-2 in conference next season.
On the Thunder’s chances again New Jersey:
Well, I assume the Thunder will beat the Netropolitans. Of course, the Thunder should have defeated the Wizards, too. Maybe the Washington debacle will sober up the Thunder. Make them focus on every game. As for re-signing Harden and Ibaka, I think it's possible. The extra $3.2 million they saved by signing Westbrook to a max contract now without the possible Derrick Rose increase will help. Harden will cost a bunch. I don't think Ibaka will cost a ton.
On the chance that OU will play three games in Dallas next year: Texas, TCU, and Baylor:
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
VIDEOS FROM NBA TV
Buy Tickets View all
- 36901Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 36295Oklahoma tornadoes: 'It took it all'
- 32626Oklahoma Severe Storm Updates
- 8549Wild hogs continue to be a growing menace across Oklahoma
- 5487OKC Thunder GM Sam Presti won't amnesty Kendrick Perkins
- 4132Oklahoma City Thunder: What could Serge Ibaka learn from Hakeem Olajuwon?
- 4021Oklahoma State football: Limiting Wes Lunt's transfer options makes Mike Gundy look bad