Berry Tramel: Three keys to an OU victory over Texas
The Oklahoman's Berry Tramel took questions from readers in today's Power Lunch Chat. Join our Power Lunch Chats Monday-Friday at 11 a.m. on NewsOK.com/Sports.
The Oklahoman's Berry Tramel took questions from readers in today's Power Lunch Chat. Join our Power Lunch Chats Monday-Friday at 11 a.m. on NewsOK.com/Sports. Read the complete recap here, or just read some of the highlights:
NewsOK Related Articles
What are the keys for OU to take down the Longhorns?
1. Limit turnovers, as I've said. 2. Win the kicking game. I blogged this morning that OU has a kicker edge, but UT is capable of a big return, which I'm not sure the Sooners are. 3. Pressure David Ash. I think Texas will run some on OU, but the 'Horns need to hit some throws, and if Ash is comfortable back in the pocket, he can do that.
The Thunder aren't going to get a Harden for Harden unless it is a lottery pick the Thunder acquire in a trade. I think the Thunder need a good offensive player off the bench to take Harden's 6th man role. I don't think you have to worry about finding a playmaker like Harden since in this scenario Maynor will be re-signed.
Good point. If you lose Harden, you get to keep Maynor, and I love Maynor. All this talk about Reggie Jackson and Maynor battling for backup point guard? That's nonsense, unless Maynor has knee problems. You're right. You won't be able to replace Harden for Harden.
Will OU's Metoyer improve as the season progresses? I really like what I’ve seen from Shepard so far.
Metoyer is a puzzle. He doesn't seem to be progressing the way other receivers have. He's a guy to keep an eye on. He certainly has the chance to make an impact. But he has been passed by Brown, Shepard, all kinds of people.
What did you think of Charlie Weis practicing without seniors on Sunday? The hire becomes odder as we go on.
Weis says he does that often, as a way to give younger guys more reps. It made me think. Why don't football teams just practice every day? But give certain guys the time off they're supposed to have. In other words, The top 40-50 players take off Sunday, but the scrubs practice on Sunday. Then the scrubs take off Monday, when the top players practice. It's a little like Howard Schnelleberger's old Toilet Bowl — he had a scrimmage every Monday evening for the guys who weren't getting to play.
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 72931Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 14541Bradley Cooper, Zach Galifianakis, Ed Helms drink in success of 'Hangover' series
- 8647Hobby Lobby argues case before federal judges
- 7401How to help tornado victims
- 6540Oklahoma tornadoes: Thunder reverses the role, takes a turn at cheering on the community
- 6504Oklahoma tornadoes: Rams quarterback Sam Bradford leading aid effort
- 6358Rock, pop, country acts give talents and time to help Oklahoma tornado victims