Berry Tramel: Todd Monken just what OSU coaching staff needs
Videoview all videos
Photoview all photos
NewsOK Related Articles
Don't expect that with Monken, who says he will tinker only a little with OSU's offense and whatever form the offense takes will be a “collective” effort.
“The fact of the matter is, we've got good players, we've got a good place, it's not rocket science,” Monken said. “Let's go out there and field what will be Oklahoma State's offense and not one person coming in and changing it up.”
Staff cohesion is not mandatory for success. But I believe it is mandatory for sustained success. Monken seems to be a choice that will play well in the offices overlooking Boone Pickens Stadium.
Monken was very popular in his Stillwater days, and here's the proof. The coach who left OSU, Les Miles, thought enough of Monken to take him along to LSU. The coach who stayed at OSU, Gundy, thought enough of Monken to bring him back.
Berry Tramel: Berry can be reached at (405) 760-8080 or at email@example.com. He can be heard Monday through Friday from 4:40-5:20 p.m. on The Sports Animal radio network, including AM-640 and FM-98.1. You can also view his personality page at newsok.com/berrytramel.
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 90847Oklahoma weather: Severe storm updates
- 47098Oklahoma tornadoes: 'It took it all'
- 38051Oklahoma devastated by second round of twisters
- 30921Oklahoma State football: Limiting Wes Lunt's transfer options makes Mike Gundy look bad
- 13823Oklahoma City tornado so large, may not be recognized, officials say
- 12196Several kids pulled out of Oklahoma school rubble alive
- 11468How to help tornado victims