Berry Tramel: Truth is, Big 12 remains a stout football league
Videoview all videos
Aug 25Berry Tramel talks with Kansas State head coach Bill...
Aug 25Jenni Carlson and Travis Haney discuss the reasons teams...
Photoview all photos
NewsOK Related Articles
Admit to America that this league isn't for everyone. You've got to be tough to last in the Big 12. Nebraska couldn't hack it. Looks like A&M can't, either. If either one had won a title in a season that began with “2,” maybe none of this exodus happens.
So what if it's only partially true, that the Aggies and Huskers have/had valid reasons to dread The Longhorn Network? It's truer than that unity drivel.
The Big 12 will survive by quit spending $1 million with some Austin agency and start talking straight. In fact, associate commissioner Bob Burda bought me dinner a few weeks ago, so here's a marketing campaign and we'll call it even.
The last decade, OU football is as good as it's ever been, equaling the Bud and Barry eras.
The last six years, Texas football is as good as it's ever been, despite that mysterious 2010 collapse, equaling the Darrell Royal days.
The last five years, Missouri football is as good as it's ever been, equaling the Dan Devine years.
The last five years, OSU football is better than it's ever been.
The last five years, Texas Tech football is better than it's ever been.
All have pristine facilities. All have bright futures. That makes this a golden era for half the league. So what exactly is the problem?
I don't know if the Big 12 will survive. I sort of think it won't. But it certainly could. Especially if we start talking about knocking heads on the football field and stop acting like we're roasting marshmallows while Bob Stoops stands there like a Ken doll.
Berry Tramel: Berry can be reached at (405) 760-8080 or at firstname.lastname@example.org. He can be heard Monday through Friday from 4:40-5:20 p.m. on The Sports Animal radio network, including AM-640 and FM-98.1. You can also view his personality page at newsok.com/berrytramel.
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 33746Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 15554Bradley Cooper, Zach Galifianakis, Ed Helms drink in success of 'Hangover' series
- 10129Oklahoma tornadoes: Woman meets the military officer who shared the clothes off his back
- 9883Hobby Lobby argues case before federal judges
- 9568Oklahoma tornadoes: Thunder reverses the role, takes a turn at cheering on the community
- 8114Blake Shelton's "Healing the Heartland" televised tornado benefit set for Wednesday at Chesapeake Energy Arena
- 8089Story behind the photo: Family members describe desperate search for one another after EF5 twister