NBA Finals: Thunder report card from Game 3 loss at Miami
Unless OKC is way ahead, Russell Westbrook and Kevin Durant on the bench at the same time is not a winning formula.
Kevin Durant fourth quarter: D. We've come to expect magic out of Durant in the fourth quarter – 33 points combined in the first two games of the series. But Durant was human in the fourth period of Game 3. Durant had just four points in the fourth quarter; he went 0-of-2 from the line and 2-of-7 from the field.
Videoview all videos
Jun 18Kevin Durant once again got into foul trouble, and Miami...
Jun 18Darnell Mayberry and Berry Tramel examine the key reasons...
Photoview all 96 photos
NewsOK Related Articles
Lesson teaching: D. After a series of bad plays by Russell Westbrook in the third quarter, Scotty Brooks benched his point guard for the last five minutes of the third quarter. Bad timing. Durant had just gone to the bench with his fourth foul. A six-point Thunder lead withered to a one-point deficit by quarter's end. I know Westbrook can be exasperating, but the Thunder can't play in this series with both Durant and Westbrook on the bench.
Halfcourt defense: A. The Heat shot 37.8 percent from the field. The Thunder allowed Shane Battier just two 3-point shots (he made both). OKC held Dwyane Wade and Chris Bosh to a combined 11 of 34 shooting, and some of those Wade baskets were on breakaways. The Heat had more turnovers (15) than assists (13).
Foul shooting: D. Fifteen of 24. For a team that's been historically good at the foul line, 62.5 percent is unacceptable. For all that the Thunder did wrong, it might have won this game with a routine (80 percent) night. Durant missed two foul shots with Miami up 76-75 midway through the fourth quarter. Nick Collison and Kendrick Perkins also whiffed on trips to the line, though give Perk credit, he made four of six overall, which on this night put him way ahead of the curve.
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
VIDEOS FROM NBA TV
Buy Tickets View all
- 51290Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 14843Bradley Cooper, Zach Galifianakis, Ed Helms drink in success of 'Hangover' series
- 9419Hobby Lobby argues case before federal judges
- 7710Oklahoma tornadoes: Thunder reverses the role, takes a turn at cheering on the community
- 7083Oklahoma tornadoes: Woman meets the military officer who shared the clothes off his back
- 6592Rock, pop, country acts give talents and time to help Oklahoma tornado victims
- 6563Carrie Underwood donates $1 million to Red Cross for disaster relief in wake of deadly Oklahoma tornadoes