Here are my picks for the Best Bets in entertainment in Oklahoma this weekend, as listed in Friday’s Weekend Look section of The Oklahoman. For more events, go to newsok.com/events.
1. See the “tale as old as time” as the national touring production of “Disney’s Beauty and the Beast,” performs at 8 p.m. Friday, 10 a.m., 2 p.m. and 8 p.m. Saturday and 2 and 7 p.m. Sunday at Civic Center Music Hall, 201 N Walker. Information: (800) 869-1451 or www.celebrityattractions.com.
2. NORMAN – Celebrate the release of Oklahoma band Rainbows Are Free’s new album at 8 p.m. Saturday at The Opolis, 113 N Crawford. Information: opolis.org.
3. Take in the action at Monster Jam at 2 and 7:30 p.m. Saturday and 2 p.m. Sunday at Chesapeake Energy Arena, 100 W Reno. The preshow Pit Party is set for 11:30 a.m. Sunday. Information: (800) 745-3000 or chesapeakearena.com.
4. NORMAN – Watch the classic silent film “Wings,” accompanied by John Schwandt on organ, at 8 p.m. Friday at Catlett Music Center, 500 W Boyd St. Information: 325-4101.
5. THACKERVILLE – Hear superstar country group Rascal Flatts, which includes Picher-bred guitarist Joe Don Rooney, at 8 p.m. Saturday at WinStar World Casino, Interstate 35, Exit 1. Information: (800) 622-6317 or www.winstarworldcasino.com.