Here are my Best Bets for entertainment in Oklahoma this weekend, as listed in Friday’s Weekend Life section of The Oklahoman. For more events, go to newsok.com/events.
1. Rope your youngsters into rope making, Dutch oven cooking, Western side shows and more at the Fourth Annual Cowboy Round-Up from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Saturday at the Oklahoma History Center, 800 Nazih Zuhdi Drive. Information: 522-3602 or www.okhistory.org.
2. Hear Oklahoma City rappers Jabee and Chris McCain at 9 p.m. Friday at the Blue Note, 2408 N Robinson. Information: www.facebook.com/BlueNoteOKC.
3. Check out the massive animatronic exhibit “Red Dirt Dinos: An Oklahoma Dinosaur Adventure” before it closes Sunday at Science Museum Oklahoma, 2100 NE 52. The exhibit will make its next stop at Leonardo’s Children’s Museum in Enid. Information: 602-3760 or www.sciencemuseumok.org.
4. Listen to the Oklahoma City Philharmonic perform “March Madness,” a lineup of favorites by Gershwin, Sondheim, and Rodgers & Hammerstein, featuring guest conductor Larry Blank and guest vocalists Ron Raines, Lisa Vroman and Christina Saffran at 8 p.m. Friday and Saturday at the Civic Center, 201 N Walker. Information: 842-5387 or www.okcphilharmonic.org.
5. THACKERVILLE – See “Blurred Lines” singer Robin Thicke in concert at 9 p.m. Friday at WinStar World Casino, Interstate 35, Exit 1. Doors open at 7:30 p.m. Information: (800) 622-6317 or www.winstarworldcasino.com.