Staying In: Dinner and a movie are tried and true, so why not do it in the comfort of home? In Wednesday's editions of The Oklahoman, we'll have some recipes to choose from. Here are some movies that never fail to make the heart flutter:
1. “Amelie”: That it's in French only makes it more perfectly romantic.
2. “Casablanca”: Iconic symbol of romance
3. “Before Sunrise/Before Sunset”: Understated and fully enlightened.
4. “Ghost”: Potter's wheels will never be the same.
5. “Breakfast at Tiffany's”: Where Audrey Hepburn goes, romance follows.
6. “Say Anything”: A film capable of making the boom box romantic is sure to melt your heart.
7. “Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind”: The romantic comedy of tomorrow.
8. “Juno”: Even indie hipsters need romance.
9. “Harold and Maude”: Over schmaltz? Here you go.
10. “William Shakespeare's Romeo and Juliet”: Whether you love or hate Baz Luhrmann, the chemistry between Claire Danes and Leonardo DiCaprio is inescapably palpable.
11. “Shakespeare in Love”: A love letter to literature geeks like me.
12. “Lost in Translation”: We all need a little unlikely romance in our lives.
13. “Like Water for Chocolate”: Star-crossed lovers never had it so delicious.
14. “When Harry Met Sally”: I'll have what she's having.
15.”Atonement”: Simply beautiful.
16. “Groundhog Day”: Guaranteed to make you 25 percent more accepting of karma.
17. “Slumdog Millionaire”: What it lacks in romantic atmosphere, it makes up for with heart.
18. “The Taming of the Shrew”: The bard practically invented romantic comedy with this one.
19. “Manhattan”: Woody Allen's love letter to New York is all about the heart's indefatigable quest to get what it wants.
Continue reading this story on the...