Betis draws 0-0 with Valladolid in Spanish league
SEVILLE, Spain (AP) — Real Betis failed to capitalize on its chances and was held to a 0-0 draw at home against Valladolid on Monday in a mid-table clash in the Spanish league.
Betis was the more attacking side and had created five chances compared to none for the visitors halfway through the second half, but poor finishing and solid goalkeeping from Daniel Hernandez kept the game scoreless.
Valladolid then upped the pace until Serbian defender Antonio Rukavina was sent off for a second yellow card in the 75th minute for a foul, with replays indicating he had made a clean challenge.
Betis defender Antonio Amaya was sent off in injury time for a dangerous high kick, leaving both teams to finish with 10 men.
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 31709Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 22246Oklahoma Severe Storm Updates
- 7126OKC Thunder GM Sam Presti won't amnesty Kendrick Perkins
- 6322Wild hogs continue to be a growing menace across Oklahoma
- 5037OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 4484Student shot dead during botched home invasion
- 3553Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater