Here are the questions provided by the Game Show Network’s “The American Bible Challenge” that I posted yesterday. The answers are in boldface.
1. Who was king when Jesus was born?
2. God created man in his own
3. How many books does the Bible contain?
4. Mark 9:23: If you can believe, all things are:
1. For sale
5. Psalms 46:10: Be still and know that I am
OK, I heard from some readers who thought my questions were a little tougher than those provided by the game show. Here are the answers to the questions I shared:
6. Who wrote the Book of Revelation? the Apostle John
7. Who did the Lord send to aid Saul of Tarsus in Damascus? The Lord sent Ananias to Saul. Ananias laid hands on Saul and restored his sight. Saul would become the Apostle Paul.
8. What was the name of the queen the king of Persia banished before he found Esther and made her his queen? Queen Vashti
9. What was the name of the container used to measure the manna from heaven that the Lord provided Moses and the Israelites in the wilderness and about how much could it contain? According to Exodus chapter 16, the omer was a container used to measure the manna from heaven provided by the Lord. It held between 2. 5 to 3.7 quarts, according to which Bible scholars you talk to.
10. A verse in the Book of Proverbs says wisdom is more profitable and more precious than
1. investments, gold
2. silver, rubies
3. land, family
Look for future stories about “The American Bible Challenge” and future quizzes in The Oklahoman.