Big 12 baseball stock report: Missouri's Blake Holovach shines; Kansas State pitching struggles
Since moving from the bullpen into Mizzou's starting rotation, Holovach has won his first four starts, including Saturday's win over OSU.
Who's stock is rising and falling in the Big 12:
UP: Blake Holovach, LHP, Mizzou
Since moving from the bullpen into Mizzou's starting rotation, Holovach has won his first four starts, including Saturday's win over OSU, when he allowed one unearned run in 8 2/3 innings. As a starter, he owns a 0.61 ERA with 20 strikeouts and seven walks in 29 1/3 innings.
Photoview all photos
NewsOK Related Articles
UP: Michael Wacha, RHP, Texas A&M
The Big 12 Pitcher of the Week, Wacha blanked was nearly perfect in a dominant outing at Pepperdine. He carried a perfect game into the eighth inning, before finishing with a 4-0 complete game win to improve to 4-0. The Friday-night ace in an impressive weekend rotation, Wacha is considered the Big 12's top pro prospect for the June MLB Draft.
DOWN: Kansas State arms
While the competition has been stout — Texas and Texas A&M — the Wildcats have struggled on the mound through their opening two Big 12 series. In six games, the K-State staff owns a 7.17 earned run average, with 26 walks and six home runs part of the damage.
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 14355OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 8524Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 6282Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 6264Student shot dead during botched home invasion
- 5946Soaring gasoline prices hurt Oklahoma City area retailers
- 5763Oklahoma football: Sooners get pair of commitments
- 4015As Boy Scouts' vote on gay members nears, faith groups weigh in