6. Oklahoma (11-2). Cameron Clark's resurgence and Ryan Spangler's impact have pushed up the timetable on what figured to be a rebuilding phase for the Sooners.
7. Kansas State (10-3). Winners of eight straight, the Wildcats have been another surprise. But do they have enough firepower offensively to contend?
8. West Virginia (8-5). The Mountaineers have faced a tough schedule, with their five losses by an average of 5.6 points. They will be dangerous in Morgantown.
9. TCU (9-3). The Horned Frogs are making progress and Kyan Anderson is a versatile guard to keep an eye on. Still, it's a baby-step process.
10. Texas Tech (8-5). Tubby Smith is making an impact on the Red Raiders, even with a limited roster.
By John Helsley