6. Has Charlie Weis found some humility? Weis always seems to be a great quote — if you’re not on the receiving end, such as when he referred to his KU talent as a “pile of crap.” After seasons of 1-11 and 3-9 at Kansas, is Weis a little more humble?
7. Is the Big 12 capable of any more absurd marketing slogans? Three years ago, the Big 12 touted its new-look conference as being in a solitary time zone. Four months later, West Virginia was invited to the conference, to replace Missouri. And the Big 12 still promotes its “One True Champion” format in football, even though in the 12-team format there was no possibility of co-champions and now with the 10-team format there is. In fact, OU and Kansas State shared the 2012 title.
8. Will Dana Holgorsen admit he’s under fire at West Virginia? The Mountaineers came into the Big 12 off scoring 70 points in the Orange Bowl. But they’ve gone 7-6 and 4-8 the last two years with two losing conference records. West Virginia lost to Kansas and Iowa State in 2013, and fan apathy is rising in Morgantown.
9. Has Bill Snyder changed in the least? When Snyder was hired at Kansas State, Barry Switzer still was the coach at Oklahoma. And in that span of more than a quarter century, Snyder has not changed. No reason to think he’s wavered now, but it’s always fascinating to see the Manhattan icon just as consistent as always.
10. Does Texas A&M transfer Matt Joeckel have a chance to start at quarterback for TCU? The Horned Frogs have been solid in two Big 12 seasons, but they haven’t contended for a title because of subpar quarterback play. TCU’s search for a difference-making QB continues.
Berry Tramel: Berry can be reached at (405) 760-8080 or at firstname.lastname@example.org. He can be heard Monday through Friday from 4:40-5:20 p.m. on The Sports Animal radio network, including FM-98.1. You can also view his personality page at newsok.com/berrytramel.