Big 12 football: One-win season has clock ticking on Kansas' Charlie Weis
No one expected miracles from Charlie Weis in his first season at Kansas. But more than one victory would have been nice.
Turner Gill was fired after going 5-19 over two years, including a 2-10 season in 2011.
NewsOK Related Articles
But Gill at least beat Northern Illinois; Weis did not, which is why the Jayhawks are 1-10 going into their Saturday finale at West Virginia.
Weis made playing competitively a priority. And his Jayhawks have hung tough with OSU (20-14), Texas (21-17) and Texas Tech (overtime).
But Gill had his close calls, too. The 2011 Jayhawks lost in overtime to Baylor, 13-10 at Iowa State and 24-10 to Missouri after leading 10-3 in the third quarter.
Weis won't get the boot after one season. But not so much has changed in Lawrence. The clock is ticking.
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 35920Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 15377Bradley Cooper, Zach Galifianakis, Ed Helms drink in success of 'Hangover' series
- 9806Hobby Lobby argues case before federal judges
- 9680Oklahoma tornadoes: Woman meets the military officer who shared the clothes off his back
- 9189Oklahoma tornadoes: Thunder reverses the role, takes a turn at cheering on the community
- 7926Blake Shelton's "Healing the Heartland" televised tornado benefit set for Wednesday at Chesapeake Energy Arena
- 7748Story behind the photo: Family members describe desperate search for one another after EF5 twister