OSU’s 52-34 rout of Texas Tech on Saturday night brought a little clarity to the Big 12 football race. The Cowboys are a contender for the conference title, and the Red Raiders are not. OSU’s impressive road victory moves State past OU in the Big 12 rankings.
1. Baylor (4-0, 7-0): Strange schedule. We’re in November, and the Bears have yet to reach the halfway mark of their Big 12 season.
2. Texas (5-0, 6-2): This is not a prediction of where UT will finish. It’s a declaration of what UT has done.
3. Oklahoma State (4-1, 7-1): The Cowboys have the second-best chance at winning the league. Baylor one, OSU two.
4. Oklahoma (4-1, 7-1): Why do the Sooners drop below OSU? The Cowboys handled Tech much more easily than did OU, and OSU got the Red Raiders in Lubbock.
5. Texas Tech (4-2, 7-2): Beware, Tech. Kansas State is playing well. Now the Wildcats come to Lubbock.
6. Kansas State (2-3, 4-4): Can K-State get to the Houston Bowl? Yes. The Wildcats still have TCU and Kansas.
7. West Virginia (2-4, 4-5): Can West Virginia get back to the Pinstripe Bowl? Yes. WVU still has Kansas and Iowa State.
8. TCU (1-5, 3-6): What a demoralizing season for the Frogs. Picked to contend in the league, now not even going to a bowl, unless TCU can upset Baylor.
9. Kansas (0-5, 2-6): Jayhawks move past Iowa State for the simplest of reasons. KU is playing tougher than the Cyclones.
10. Iowa State (0-5, 1-7): Mark your calendars. Nov. 23. KU at Iowa State.