Big 12 football: OSU trying to reverse trend of post-Bedlam losses vs. Baylor
Mike Gundy's Cowboys are in a rough spot Saturday. They play a game a week after Bedlam.
That usually doesn't bode well for OSU. Since the ‘90s arrived, the Cowboys nine times have played a week after their OU game. OSU is 0-9 in such situations.
NewsOK Related Articles
And it's not like OSU had weak teams all nine years. The 1997 (to Texas Tech), 2003 (Texas) and 2004 (Texas) Cowboy teams all were solid squads.
The Cowboys lost 51-48 in overtime last week, a disheartening result considering the Sooners never led until the game was over.
Now, OSU has to get over the emotional downer, against a hot Baylor team. The Bears thrashed Kansas State 52-24 two weeks ago, then beat Texas Tech 52-45 in overtime last week.
Nick Florence quarterbacks one of the Big 12's best offenses, and Baylor is 11-1 at Floyd Casey Stadium the last two seasons.
OSU is a 41/2-point favorite, but let's go with the Bears in the upset.
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 37007Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 32519Oklahoma Severe Storm Updates
- 27986Oklahoma tornadoes: 'It took it all'
- 8311Wild hogs continue to be a growing menace across Oklahoma
- 6200OKC Thunder GM Sam Presti won't amnesty Kendrick Perkins
- 3643College football: Coaches, athletes weigh in on NCAA's suspended recruiting proposals
- 3643Oklahoma City Thunder: What could Serge Ibaka learn from Hakeem Olajuwon?