Big 12 football: Parity finally arrives in the conference
Parity is what has made the Southeastern Conference such a runaway mine train, with all the schools pushing each other. It should help the Big 12 enhance its chances of winning once one of its teams gets to the Big Bowl.
The 2011 Big 12 football standings were interesting at the top. And not just because OSU broke through to win the championship.
The Cowboys certainly shook up the league. But even more startling was the win-place-show slots. OSU, Kansas State, Baylor. The Sooners actually tied Baylor for third place, but using the Bob Stoops tiebreaker method, the Bears were bronze medalists.
Think about that. Top three of the Big 12, and nowhere was found the two schools, OU and Texas, that have dominated the league. Nowhere was found the two schools, Texas A&M and Missouri,...
View full article on Oklahoman.com
How do I get Full Access?
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 90847Oklahoma weather: Severe storm updates
- 38051Oklahoma devastated by second round of twisters
- 21842Oklahoma tornadoes: 'It took it all'
- 19892Oklahoma State football: Limiting Wes Lunt's transfer options makes Mike Gundy look bad
- 13823Oklahoma City tornado so large, may not be recognized, officials say
- 12196Several kids pulled out of Oklahoma school rubble alive
- 11468How to help tornado victims