Big 12 football power poll: Kansas State can take control of league with win at West Virginia
Oklahoma's rout of Texas puts the Sooners back in the national title talk, but they will need somebody to knock off K-State.
1. Kansas State (6-0): Wildcats can take a stranglehold with a win in Morgantown, W. Va.; a loss makes it a wide open race.
2. Oklahoma (4-1): Back-to-back lopsided wins have put the Sooners back in the national title discussion.
Photoview all photos
NewsOK Related Articles
3. Texas Tech (5-1): Red Raiders upsetting West Virginia is one thing, but dominating the Mountaineers was impressive.
4. West Virginia (5-1): Lopsided loss in Lubbock was shocking; defense is a mess; huge game against Kansas State.
5. TCU (4-1): The Horned Frogs hosting Texas Tech on Saturday suddenly is one of the league's top games this week.
6. Texas (4-2): Are the Longhorns destined for another downward spiral season, or can Mack Brown turn it around?
7. Oklahoma State (3-2): Quarterback Wes Lunt could return this week against Iowa State, which has one of the league's better defenses.
8. Iowa State (4-2): The Cyclones enter telltale stretch. ISU plays Oklahoma Stater, Baylor, OU and Texas the next four weeks.
9. Baylor (3-2): The Bears' defense has so many issues that Baylor's offense will be forced to win shoot-outs.
10. Kansas (1-5): The Jayhawks might not win another game but gained some confidence in the fourth quarter against OSU.
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 13135OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 7091Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 6692Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 6620Student shot dead during botched home invasion
- 5959Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 5205Oklahoma football: Sooners get pair of commitments
- 5081Soaring gasoline prices hurt Oklahoma City area retailers