1. Kansas State (6-0): Wildcats can take a stranglehold with a win in Morgantown, W. Va.; a loss makes it a wide open race.
2. Oklahoma (4-1): Back-to-back lopsided wins have put the Sooners back in the national title discussion.
3. Texas Tech (5-1): Red Raiders upsetting West Virginia is one thing, but dominating the Mountaineers was impressive.
4. West Virginia (5-1): Lopsided loss in Lubbock was shocking; defense is a mess; huge game against Kansas State.
5. TCU (4-1): The Horned Frogs hosting Texas Tech on Saturday suddenly is one of the league's top games this week.
6. Texas (4-2): Are the Longhorns destined for another downward spiral season, or can Mack Brown turn it around?
7. Oklahoma State (3-2): Quarterback Wes Lunt could return this week against Iowa State, which has one of the league's better defenses.
8. Iowa State (4-2): The Cyclones enter telltale stretch. ISU plays Oklahoma Stater, Baylor, OU and Texas the next four weeks.
9. Baylor (3-2): The Bears' defense has so many issues that Baylor's offense will be forced to win shoot-outs.
10. Kansas (1-5): The Jayhawks might not win another game but gained some confidence in the fourth quarter against OSU.