Big 12 football power poll: Newcomer West Virginia on top after Week 1
The Mountaineers compiled some gaudy offensive stats, but their defense remains a concern. Rounding out the Top 3 are Oklahoma State and Oklahoma.
1. West Virginia: The Mountaineers compiled gaudy offensive stats, but their defense remains a concern.
2. Oklahoma St.: The Cowboys' opener, if nothing else, showed that the roster is deeper than in previous years.
Photoview all photos
NewsOK Related Articles
3. Oklahoma: Florida A&M is an opportunity for the Sooners to work on several areas before opening league play against K-State.
4. Texas: In the opener, UT looked a lot like last year's team. QB David Ash and the Longhorns still have much to prove.
5. TCU: Renovated Amon Carter Stadium, 21 months in the works, debuts Saturday against outmanned Grambling.
6. Kansas State: Wildcats won behind a goal-line stand last year in Miami. The rematch in Manhattan is the Game of the Week.
7. Baylor: Bears are off to a good start in the post-Robert Griffin III era. QB Nick Florence has some experience.
8. Iowa State: Paul Rhoads' Cyclones put up some solid offensive stats in a noteworthy win against Tulsa.
9. Texas Tech: The Red Raiders, who have 15 returning starters, played well in the opener against Northwestern State, but real tests are weeks away.
10. Kansas: The Jayhawks had two 120-yard rushers in a win over South Dakota State in coach Charlie Weis' debut in Lawrence.
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 21543Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 10852Oklahoma tornadoes: Woman meets the military officer who shared the clothes off his back
- 8707Oklahoma tornadoes: Thunder reverses the role, takes a turn at cheering on the community
- 8666Finding Addyson – One family's struggle in the Moore tornado
- 8648Hobby Lobby argues case before federal judges
- 7837Blake Shelton's "Healing the Heartland" televised tornado benefit set for Wednesday at Chesapeake Energy Arena
- 7718Story behind the photo: Family members describe desperate search for one another after EF5 twister