1. Oklahoma State: The Big 12 returns five quarterbacks who threw for more than 1,000 yards last season. The Cowboys have three of them.
2. TCU: Expected to have the conference's best defense, but the quarterback position remains a question mark (like for a majority of the conference).
3. OU: Many have labeled the Sooners as disappointments the past three seasons. But OU is 20-6 in conference games during that time, tops of any team in the Big 12.
4. Kansas State: Life after Collin Klein still features Bill Snyder roaming the sidelines. And that's always shown to be a formula for success.
5. Texas: Will David Ash show substantial improvements in Year 3? Will Texas football finally return to prominence? The two answers certainly coincide, but both remain to be determined.
6. Baylor: Without RGIII, Art Briles' club still found a way to put up points. Without Nick Florence, there's no reason to believe it won't stay the same. But can they stop anybody?