1. Fiesta Bowl: Kansas State vs. Oregon, 7:30 p.m. Jan. 3, ESPN. Just the third major bowl in KSU history. Bill Snyder's 1997 and 2003 teams also reached the Fiesta.
2. Cotton Bowl: OU vs. Texas A&M, 7 p.m. Jan. 4, Big Fox. Aggies have lost six straight Cotton Bowls — LSU after the 2010 season, Tennessee (2004), UCLA (1997), Notre Dame (1993 and 1992) and Florida State (1991). Last win — 35-10 over Notre Dame after the 1987 season.
3. Holiday Bowl: Baylor vs. UCLA, 8:45 p.m. Thursday, ESPN. How is it that this is the 35th Holiday Bowl, but this is the first time UCLA or Southern Cal has been involved?
4. Alamo Bowl: Texas vs. Oregon State, 5:45 p.m. Saturday, ESPN. Mack Brown is a solid 9-4 in bowl games, including 3-1 in BCS games.
5. Pinstripe Bowl: West Virginia vs. Syracuse, 2:15 p.m. Saturday, ESPN. Bummer. The Big 12 gets two bowl showdowns matching teams that were in a conference together 15 minutes ago. But none of the three are OU-Nebraska, Texas A&M-Texas or Kansas-Missouri.
6. Buffalo Wild Wings Bowl: TCU vs. Michigan State, 9:15 p.m. Saturday, ESPN. Beware the Frogs. They might be back in the desert next postseason — in the Fiesta Bowl.
7. Liberty Bowl: Iowa State vs. Tulsa, 2:30 p.m. Monday, ESPN. The Cyclones and Hurricane played on Sept. 1 in Ames. They play on Sept. 21, 2013, in Tulsa. That means in a span of 385 days, TU and Iowa State will meet three times. Alabama and Kentucky are in the same conference and have played twice in the last 3,007 days.
8. Heart of Dallas Bowl: OSU vs. Purdue, 11 a.m. Tuesday, ESPNU. The worst possible matchup. A 6-6 team playing with an interim coach. Dudsville.
9. Meineke Car Care of Texas Bowl: Texas Tech vs. Minnesota, 8 p.m. Friday, ESPN. Or perhaps this is the worst matchup. A 6-6 team playing against an interim coach.