Big 12 football: Texas QB David Ash on the hot seat
Garrett Gilbert lost his job as Texas' starting quarterback last September after a meager showing against Brigham Young. Will Ash make it through September?
The sophomore has been named the starter at UT, which has high expectations for the 2012 season. But quarterback remains a concern.
As expected, Ash won a duel with Case McCoy, and Longhorn Nation cautiously is optimistic that Ash will be much better this season. But the same was hoped for Gilbert.
Wyoming figures to offer little resistance Saturday, but the Cowboys a year ago at least played some big-time foes, losing 38-14 to Nebraska, 31-20 to TCU and 36-14 to Boise State. A similar-type victory would do wonders for Ash's administration.
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 13976Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 9656Finding Addyson – One family's struggle in the Moore tornado
- 9589Oklahoma tornadoes: Cost, custom keep basements scarce
- 8454Oklahoma tornadoes: Plaza Towers Elementary School teacher shoved students into bathroom as wall collapsed
- 6577Miranda Lambert, Reba McEntire, Vince Gill to join Blake Shelton at "Healing in the Heartland" Oklahoma tornado benefit
- 6030Oklahoma tornadoes: Woman meets the military officer who shared the clothes off his back
- 5383Story behind the photo: Family members describe desperate search for one another after EF5 twister