Ranking the Big 12 games this week:
1. Texas at Brigham Young: Cougars are 2-1 all-time vs. UT; they swept the Longhorns in 1987-88.
2. West Virginia at OU: Mountaineer point totals in the last three meetings – 41 (1982), 48 (2007 season), 49 (2012).
3. Louisiana-Lafayette at Kansas State: Cajuns opened last week at Arkansas. Just think. Before the season, the Razorbacks seemed the most susceptible.
4. OSU at Texas-San Antonio: Cowboys getting accustomed to road games against mid-majors. Florida Atlantic, Houston, Arkansas State, Troy, Louisiana-Lafayette, Tulsa, all in the Mike Gundy era.
5. Stephen F. Austin at Texas Tech: Don't confuse Lumberjacks with powerhouse Sam Houston State.
6. Buffalo at Baylor: Bulls actually played Ohio State semi-tough.
7. South Dakota at Kansas: Don't confuse South Dakota with powerhouse North Dakota State.
8. Southeastern Louisiana at TCU: Lions lost 62-10 last season at Missouri.